Microsoft is known for being one of the most innovative and interesting places to work, so it’s not surprising to learn that getting a job there is no easy task.
Out of the 4 common types of product management questions, Microsoft especially love to ask product vision and behavioral questions.
I went through recent posts on Glassdoor to find some of the toughest interview questions candidates have been asked.
Here are the top 10 hardest questions:
- How would you go about designing a better vending machine for coke?
- Why should I bother to hire you?
- What is one functionality you would love to have in a tech device (phone/laptop etc)?
- What is your biggest past mistake at work?
- What skills do you bring that will allow you to hit the ground running?
- What is your communication style?
- Design an app for an iPad that will order me a Papa John’s pizza
- Create Hotmail from scratch, since inception to development
- Design a product that allows a blind person to determine the amount of spices left in a jar
- Design a GPS for a 16 year old novice drive
Hi Charles, I’m wrapping up on the Complete Product Manager course and am ready to jump right into the next step. Actually start interview and landing a few PM jobs. Any idea when the new course will be available?
Thanks for your interest. It’ll be available in the next few days!